Thursday, March 17, 2011

WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Hi All,

My screen looks like a blizzard only after 3yrs of owning my $1300 DLP. It looks like, reading a thread in this forum, that Samsung was promising to replace a defective chip in these DLP sets, but when I called support, they told me mine is "not on the list" so I have to pay to have it fixed.

Anyone have the full list?

...about to switch to LG for life!

Matt

Reply 1 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

mattchinn,

If you have a transaction number, I can request that your case be reviewed.

--HDTech

Reply 2 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Thanks HDTech:

My transaction number is 4007747473

Model Number : HLT5676SX/XAA
Serial Number : AHDZ3CKP702519R

Reply 3 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

mattchinn,

Happy to help, although I'm not able to make those decisions or determine which models are or aren't covered. As of a few moments ago, however, I have escalated the case to be reviewed.

--HDTech

Reply 4 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Thanks for escalating!

I know that others who have my model have received the "free fix" for this DMD chip defect

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=19676044&postcount=629

Thanks for responding so quickly...

Reply 5 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

I recently did a on-line Service Request with details about the white dot issue that I am now having and also included the shadow effect issue that has a class action case already for that which I found out while searching different forums. I did get the automated email with my Ticket Number and I got a call from the repair shop but when I started hearing price quotes I then asked if she has spoken to samsung or heard anything from them about the issue and it being covered and she said no nothing was said from samsung. Here is my info

Ticket Number: 4007720679
Model Number : HLT5676SX/XAA
Serial Number : AHDZ3CKP403858M

Please help thanks.

Reply 6 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

The repair shop in my area (and responsible for my ticket #) called me today and told me that Samsung has been covering 99% of the white dot issues her company is doing. She was trying to call Samsung to get things straightened out for me as well. She said if they don't cover it "we'd be looking at a $500 service call".

Reply 7 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

My parents T.V have the EXACT same problem. The T.V was brought from Circuit City around 2007-2008 (they can't quite remember). They said the first white dot appeared around 1 1/2 years ago, and new ones been emerging ever since. I don't live near my parents, and when I came to visit I was shocked at how horrible the T.V looked! My parents are older, and they can't speak English so they didn't know who to call about the problem. So I called an repair guy and told him the problems I was having, and immediately he asked if I had an Samsung DLP. He then went on to tell me that he been getting a lot of calls about over the past years and that Samsung had an recall on it, and to call Samsung about it.

I called Samsung, they took my model and S/N and then told me that it was NOT covered. She told me that however it might be added later on, because they been adding other models as well. I asked how would I know if they added my model, and she said if it was not registered then I would have to call them every now and then.

This is ridiculous. I know I don't have time to call them all the time, and I'm sure others will agree. What exactly is the problem that they have to wait slowly to add other models? I have looked online and seen NUMEROUS people having the same problem with the same T.V. Even the HL-T5076S and HL-T5676S was accepted, but my HL-T6176S was not. What is the difference in these T.Vs? Aren't they the same with the exception of one being bigger than the other?

I am absolutely shocked at Samsung's lack of responsibility, and now I question the quality of their products. I don't even want to get started on how many times my parents had to change their lamps despite the fact that they rarely watch T.V.

If anyone else has or know someone who has an HL-T6176S, and did qualify for the free repair please let me know. Thank you very much.

Model Number : HL-T6176S
Serial Number : B32T3CKP801135J
Ticket Number: Is that something the call representative is supposed to give you? I called but there was no "ticket number" given to me.

Reply 8 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Is there someone else I can talk to about this problem? Like upper management, or anyone who has the power to make decisions? Any info about this problem is welcomed. Please and thank you.

Reply 9 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Just wondering if you have heard anything on this problem or if has been escalated to be on the list to have Samsung fix this problem for free? I too have the same problem. It seems like all the other models but mine are getting fixed for nothing! This sucks!

Reply 10 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

fritzers17,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a problem with your DLP.

If you have a transaction number from a previous call to the Samsung customer service center, if you would post it here (or more immediately, in a new thread) and I'll be happy to escalate it and have a manager review your case.

--HDTech

Reply 11 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Well my local electronics service center (that was assigned based on my ticket) called and told me THEY were escalating my ticket too as they said they have been fixing these left and right and that Samsung IS covering it for this issue.

They ordered the new chip, it came in within three days, they came out and installed it in less than 20mins. FIXED.

Thank you Samsung_HD_Tech and my local service center!

..now to get my 3D working on this set now! A whole different story...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=19106932

Reply 12 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

My local tv repair shop told me good news as well saying samsung is gonna cover my white dot issue. And that link you posted about the 3D is the forum that helped get my 3D setup and running with the 3DA1 adapter and DLP Link glasses by Xpand from ebay and loving it ever since. Reading through it may look overwhelming but its really not and if your computer savy then your gonna do just fine good luck.

Reply 13 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Samsung TECH

My DLP has the white dots all over the screen. Below is my information.

Transaction 4007926094
Model HLT5076SX/XAA
Serial AHFM3CMP503936H

Reply 14 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

raydia,

I have a lot of posts this week, so I apologize for being backed up and not responding sooner. I've escalated your service issue for review as of this evening, and they usually take a few days to review them.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Reply 15 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Hi HDTech,

I have the same issue that mattchinn and others have described. When I called support they informed me that mine too was "not on the list". I don't know what a transaction number is but here are my model # and serial #:

Model Number: HLT5676SX/XAA
Serial Number: AHDZ3CKP504525A

Please help!!

Thanks...

Reply 16 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Thanks Proffitt here is the info...

Ticket number: 4008016995
Country: USA

Reply 17 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

stevert3,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your TV.

I've escalated the situation to one of the managers for them to review as of this evening. Thanks for posting your transaction number.

--HDTech

Reply 18 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

stevert3,

I was informed that service was not denied.

Try calling 800-SAMSUNG with your transaction number and inquire which repair facility you're assigned to. They may be able to have the service center contact you, or maybe even give you the contact information for the service center.

Sorry for the confusion, but keep me posted and I'll see if we can get this set up for you.

--HDTech

Reply 19 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Same unit and problem is just starting
Model HLT5676SX/XAA
3years and 1 month since purchase
white dots started appearing this weekend. I called Samsung this AM and was told the unit is not covered.Any suggestions as to the next course os action

Reply 20 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Samsung DID cover mine. You may want to get a ticket going and see who your local service center is and see if THEY can escalate the ticket. If not, call back and ask to speak to a customer service rep manager and tell them about this thread and others online where all the TVs in this HLT series are affected and are being fixed at no charge.

Reply 21 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Service ticket started. I called ECR and the rep there led me to belive that Samsung would cover the repair. I'll keep updating

Reply 22 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Latest update
Service tech called yesterday and said if it was a DMD board Samsung was going to cover it.Right now the replacement boards are back ordered(due to demand). I'll update after repair
Allan

Reply 23 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Still waiting on my local factory service tech,tentative date is March 3rd. Samsung has called everyday since Sunday wanting updates.

Reply 24 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

I have a HLT5076SX/XAA with white dots issue and this is the chat i had with a rep. I'ved opened up two service requests, awaiting for the second. The first service request, i was told to pay it off my own pocket, i respectfully denied that service. Now someone had the same model received the one time replacement of the DMD chip, what channels did you go through? I called various times with the same results, "your model is not on the list." I'll be waiting for the phone call like everybody else didn't get, and I will go on from there.

Model: HLT5076SX/XAA
SERIAL: AHFM3CMP601337W
TICKET: 4007953490



Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

You are now chatting with 'David'

David: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung tech support. How can I help you today?

Visitor: Good evening David

David: Very good morning.

Visitor: My name's Jason and i have a 50in DLP with white dots issue

David: Could you please give me the model number of the unit?

David: You can find the model number on the back of the unit on a white label.

Visitor: HLT5076S

David: Thank you for the information.

David: Does this happen on all inputs (like DVD and Cable box)?

Visitor: all sources

David: Please open the Menu and check if you see any white dots on the Menu also.

Visitor: I've looked into CNET website with other owners of various DLP tvs with the same problems.

David: I am sorry to inform you that, we do not have control on third party websites.

Visitor: yes

David: However I am ready to address your concern.

David: Would you mind holding a few minutes while I gather the required information on your request?

Visitor: would you need the serial also, that could pin point the exact parts in the unit

David: No, I do not need the serial number.

David: Please double check the model number once again.

Visitor: HLT5076S

Visitor: HLT5076SX/XAA

David: Thanks for the confirmation.

David: Now we can try the power reset option to check the cause of the issue.

David: Please unplug the unit and press the power button for 30 seconds when the unit is turned off.

David: Once you are done with the above step, please turn on the unit to check the status of the issue.

Visitor: standby

David: Sure, I will wait.

Visitor: still there

David: It appears that something else inside the unit might be causing the problem. The unit needs to be examined by an authorized service technician to get it serviced to fix the issue.

David: As we have done all the possible troubleshooting steps, a physical diagnosis is necessary to determine the exact defective part on your device.

David: For these kind of issues, we recommend you file a service request on this issue, while filing online service request you'll get complete information about the nearest service center details, so you can contact the service center to arrange a in home service for your unit.

David: Shall I provide you with the link to file an online service request?

Visitor: i've already done that and have the service number twice

David: Okay. if you already filed the service request, please wait for an E-mail from our service center.

David: You will get the complete information about the service in this E-mail.

Visitor: People with the same model tvs are getting their DMD chips replaced without charge even after the warranty have expired, but when i call i have to pay off my own pocket to about a third of the cost of the tv

David: No, this is not an effected model.

David: So you can not get a free service for this unit.

Visitor: the tv is not the problem, the faulty DMD chip in the motherboard are causing these white dots

Visitor: Do you have an Executive service center number i can call?

Visitor: my tv is less than 3 years old, what is the lifespan of Samsung dlp's?

David: I will understand your point.

David: Did you register the unit online?

Visitor: yes sir i did

David: Now I am filing a complint on your request, so our Customer Executive Relations Department agent will call you back to address your concern.

David: As this is the technical support, we can only give a few basic troubleshooting steps to resolve the issues of the units, however our Customer Executive Relations Department is highest department who can take needful actions in this regard.

Visitor: thank you David

David: You're welcome.

David: So please wait unitl you get the call from our Customer Executive Relations Department, I hope the issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

David: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Visitor: that's all i have

Reply 25 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Samsung rep came and fixed my TV at no charge. Got a call from Executive level customer service approving for a rep to come and verify that i have the white dots issue. Rep ordered the part and took 5 days to get here. Now it is like new. My model was not on the list, but ask the customer rep to attach a complaint on your trouble ticket. Understand customer rep has only the basic knowledge in troubleshooting, but don't get frustrated with them for the lack of training. Samsung has a great product and the customer service do the best they are able to do. Good luck to everyone.

Reply 26 : WHITE DOT ISSUE - DLP HLT5676SX - Making Me Pay?

Repaired yesterday
Thanks Samsung !!!

2 comments:

  1. I am having thsi same issue. I just called Samsung and am getting the run around about it not being covered. I mentioned the 20+ complaints here with the same model, and a possible class action lawsuit, and was told they would escalate the issue. I am super frustrated about this whole thing. Was a huge purchase for my husband and not even 4 years old. Have already had to replace the bulb and now this. Ridiculous. There is obviously a problem with this model, or else we wouldn't all be here.

    Model HLT5676SX/Xaa
    Trans # 5001309383

    We'll see what happens now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello HDTech

    Was on the phone for 1 1/2 hours and eventually Spoke with ECR manager on staff and she would not honor my request after mention the site, my coworkers same issues a week ago (Who Was given the offer to fix the problem) with the same model. Told her I would meet half way and she still would not honor my request. I don't know what to do at this point. Not looking good that I will continue to be a customer or promote Samsung though.


    Emailed officeofpresident@sea.samsung.com as well for whatever that is worth.

    Updated Ticket number# 3101056381
    Model# HLT5676SX/XXA
    Serial# AHDZ3CKP903681N
    Version: PH01

    ReplyDelete