Wednesday, March 16, 2011

BD-P1580 problem with Pause on USB

I have just bought a Samsung BD-P1580 which is a fine machine, and have successfully updated it to the latest firmware. The only problem I have is that when I play Divx movies using the USB interface with either a USB stick or hard drive, and pause the movie, after two minutes or so the machine switches to STOP and loses the place in the movie. This does not happen with DVD or Blu-Ray discs, where the pause control lasts indefinitely. Is this a problem with the spec which could be solved through a firmware upgrade, or just with my machine?

Reply 1 : BD-P1580 problem with Pause on USB

bekwai,

The design to turn it off after a short time is to avoid problems with panels and image retention. I can send this up as a suggestion for future firmware updates, but I wouldn't be aware of that being implemented unless it's released.

Instead of pressing pause, try pressing STOP, and then when you come back, hit PLAY. It may work with some file formats, but just a suggestion.

--HDTech

Reply 2 : BD-P1580 problem with Pause on USB

Thank you for your reply. I have tried using STOP instead but it always reverts to the beginning of the file.
When using Pause with DVDs after a while it changes to a screen saver to prevent burn-in, so presumably it could do the same with USB playback. Please pass my suggestion to the team for the next firmware revision.
Thanks

Reply 3 : BD-P1580 problem with Pause on USB

bekwai,

I will be happy to do so.

--HDTech

Reply 4 : BD-P1580 problem with Pause on USB

I have the same model and am frustrated by the same problem as mentioned here. Has there been any advances in the firmware to solve this to date or are there any plans for this in the future?

Many thanks

Reply 5 : BD-P1580 problem with Pause on USB

Hi,

I experienced the same issue about the pause. The use of STOP doesn't bring any improvement. By the way, this happens for all DIVX. They can be on USB or burned DVD, there is no difference. I thought that I could workaround that by checking the time of the video when doing pause and doing fast-forwarding or jumping to this point when I come back.

But In addition with the issue describes in this post, I faced the following issues (note that I already updated the the latest firmware...). Still with DIVX (v 5.0):

- When jumping to a certain time (whatever it is), the image is frozen. Then, after a while, the video restarts at the beginning
- When using fast forward (x2, x4, x8), the image freeze. If I press "play" again to normally recover x1 speed, the video restart at the beginning.

I am interested in knowing if there is a plan to correct this. If not, Is there any suggestion how to go back quickly to a certain point of a DIVX file ? I couldn't find another solution till now.

Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment