Sunday, April 24, 2011

What kind of HDD is compatible with HP 3D Drive Guard?

I'm going to buy a brand new 500 GB from a local store. I notice that my Presario CQ45 has the (v4.0.3.1).



How do I determine that a HDD is compatible with the software?



Thanks

Reply 1 : What kind of HDD is compatible with HP 3D Drive Guard?

3D Drive Guard should work with all drives since it's just software telling drive when to park the heads.



Some modern drive have similar feature built-in, it should not interfere with Drive Guard either. However I'm not 100% certain on that.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Already bought a new harddisk? I still have a small 120GB harddisk and I want to buy a 500gb/1TB harddisk.
    I just want to know for sure where to find a harddisk compatible with 3d driveguard.

    Br Guido

    ReplyDelete