Monday, April 18, 2011

Toshiba Satellite A305

Q#1- I bought the Toshiba Satellite A305 several years ago and lately I notice it is taking a fairly long time to open and shut down.

I checked defrag but defrag does not need to be done.

Any suggestions on how I can improve the opening and closing (shutting down) procedure.



Vista 32

IE 8



#2- I also notice the the hard drive LED light seems to be "going crazy" at times - always flickering. I've read somewhere that other people have noticed the same thing.

Is this normal? If not, can it be corrected, etc.?



#3- Anybody using CCleaner with their Toshiba? If so, any problems with the new CC version which now seems to be reporting a lot of files after the Registry scan.

Please advise and thank you

Alice

Reply 1 : Toshiba Satellite A305

#1 This is a classic sign of dying hard drive. Test it with SeaTools for Windows (Long Generic). Also, clean it with Spybot. Do this before trying CCleaner which I don't think will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment